If you enjoy the tangy taste of apple cider vinegar in your salads, marinades, and other recipes let me tempt your taste buds with a delightfully refreshing Apple Cider Vinegar Iced Tea recipe that will cool you off and leave your taste buds singing.
Apple Cider Vinegar is vinegar in its most natural and wholesome form. The product retains the “mother” of the vinegar – a compound created naturally during vinegar’s fermentation process.
Apple Cider Vinegar is used in cooking to bring out refreshing flavors, and has a variety of other unique uses.
I've always heard that apple cider vinegar with the mother left in it was healthier for you.
I know many people in the south would probably agree. Vinegar is used in the south in many ways that most people might not be aware of, like topping off a glass of iced or hot tea with a teaspoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with mother.
Besides using unfiltered apple cider vinegar to make a salad dressing many people enjoy it in a beverage for the possible health benefits.. That might be shocking to many of you but don't knock it until you try it.
Apple cider vinegar has a smoother and more mellow flavor than white vinegar.
If you have never used it to make a salad dressing next time replace the white vinegar in the recipe with some Heinz unfiltered apple cider vinegar and compare the flavors.
I adapted this recipe from the Green Tea with Fresh Mint and Honey recipe from the Heinz recipe page. Instead of using honey as the sweetener I made a mint simple syrup to sweeten my glass of Apple Cider Vinegar Green Tea.
I hope you enjoy my version!
Print the recipe
Apple Cider Vinegar Iced Tea
- 2 cups water
- 2 green tea bags
- 2-3 teaspoons mint simple syrup
- 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves
- Put the water in a pot and heat until bubbles form of the bottom.
- Remove the pot from the heat and place 2 green tea bags in.
- Steep 5 minutes.
Mint Simple Syrup
- Put sugar and water in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the mint leaves to the syrup and steep 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
To make a glass of tea
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons mint simple syrup and 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar into each glass.
- Pour tea to fill each glass.
- Garnish the glass with some mint leaves and a slice or wedge of lime. (optional)