Easy Cherry Limeade Recipe
Summer Drink Recipes
Disclosure: This is a sposored post. I have been sompensated to take part in this campaign. All opinions are 100% my own.
Summer is barreling down on us here in Florida. We have already been in the high 90’s and Summer hasn’t even officially begun yet . When the hot weather sets in the only thing to do is make a delicious summer drink then sit back and relax. If you are lucky enough to have a pool to lounge by or you are heading to the beach or park for a picnic you have got to stock up on those summer drink recipes.
What I love to do this time of year is create summer drink recipes that are easy to make and taste great.
Some of my favorite family recipes have been for ice cold summer drink recipes that I have thrown together on the spur of the moment and enjoyed by the entire family during the hot summer months.
I love a recipe that will work double or even triple duty. A simple base recipe like this one for a black cherry simple syrup can be turned into so many different drinks. A homemade cherry soda, a cherry limeade drink or a cherry limeade party punch recipe can be made by starting with this black cherry simple syrup recipe.
Doesn’t this Cherry Limeade recipe look beautiful in the new Ball Heritage Blue jars? If you are a regular reader you have seen the Ball True Blue limited edition Heritage jars here on my blog already. They have only been available for a short time and they just can’t keep them in stock. Last week I saw them being sold individually at Walmart. I was in a hurry and didn’t grab them. Today I went back and they were all gone! I should have grabbed them when I saw them.
How to make fresh Cherry Limeade
The first thing you will need to do is make a simple syrup by cooking some sweet black cherries in some sugar and water. The recipe in it’s entirety can be found below in the Ziplist recipe format for easy saving and printing.
How To Make the Cherry Limeade Drink
To make the Cherry Limeade Recipe as mentioned above you will need to make a cherry simple syrup. Simple syrups are simple to make, hence the name simple syrup and open up the world of many homemade drinks. You can make homemade sodas, flavored iced tea, lime or lemonades, alcoholic drinks and many more drink recipes then I can include in this one blog post.
Love this recipe and want more like it?
- 3 cups frozen or fresh Sweet Black Cherries
- 1½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 can Limeade Frozen concentrate
- 3 cans full of water
- Put all the ingredients into a medium pot.
- Heat on low until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Stir and crush cherries against the side of the pot.
- Carefully boil for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If syrup starts to boil over decrease heat a bit.
- After ten minutes remove from heat and cool.
- Strain the solids out over a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
- Pour lime concentrate into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add 3 cans of water.
- Stir till dissolved.
- Add one cup of cherry syrup to the pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice.