Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Happy Friday everyone! Finally the weekend is here. Todays crock pot recipe is a little exotic. I decided to get a little wild this weekend. As I was making and photographing this Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken I swear I was channeling Bob Marley. Even now as I am writing this the words to Jammin are playing in my head!
This weeks crock pot chicken recipe includes a bonus recipe! I also made a very easy Coconut Rice recipe to go along with the Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
If you love the sweet and spicy flavor of Caribbean food then this Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe is for you. Traditionally Jerk Chicken is cooked over an open flame.
Obviously a crock pot recipe is not going to replicate the exact authentic open fire pit flavor. But who wants to stand over a hot grill and cook when you can pick up a bottle of Jerk rub and a bottle of Jerk marinade and let the crock pot do the cooking for you?
How to make Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
To make this Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe you will need boneless chicken breasts, a can of (affiliate links) Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and a bottle of World Harbor Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade.
This Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe only has 3 ingredients! Gotta love those easy crock pot recipes!
- Cover both sides of the boneless chicken breasts with the Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and rub in.
- Place the chicken breasts into a (affiliate link) the crock of a 6 quart crock pot, cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 – 60 minutes.
- Place the crock into the crock pot and set to low.
- Pour about a 1/2 cup of the Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade over the chicken breasts. Flip to cover both sides evenly.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the boneless chicken breast.
How to make the Coconut Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 can black beans, rinsed well (optional)
- Rinse rice well under running water until water runs clear.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add rice, stir and return to a boil then cover with a lid.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is almost completely evaporated.
- Add coconut milk and cook until rice is tender.
- 5 minutes before rice is done add 1 cup of black beans.
- Stir and return lid, simmer until rice and beans are cooked through.
- Heat remaining black beans.
- Serve Jamaican Jerk Chicken with the coconut rice and remaining black beans on the side.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- Jamaican Jerk Spice Seasoning
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 can black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Place the chicken breasts into a 6 quart crock pot. Rub both sides of the chicken breasts with the Jamaican Jerk Spice seasoning. Allow to marinade 20-60 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup of the Jamaican Jerk Marinade over the chicken breast. Flip the breasts over to coat with the marinade.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the boneless chicken breasts.
- To make Coconut Rice
- Rinse 1 cup of long grain rice until water runs clear.
- Boil 1½ cups of salted water.
- Add the rinsed rice.
- Stir and cover.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Once it looks like almost all the water has evaporated pour ½ cup of coconut milk over the rice. Gently stir, cover and continue to cook at low simmer until the rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve Jerk Chicken with coconut rice and remaining beans.
Love Crock Pot Recipes like this Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe? Head over to my crock pot recipe page for 100+ Crock Pot Recipes.