Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with alfredo sauce with milk
I have been making a creamy alfredo sauce with milk for years and knew it would be the perfect homemade easy alfredo sauce for this Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
My homemade alfredo sauce recipe is the best alfredo sauce made with milk you will ever make. My alfredo sauce recipe is made without cream and you will never miss it!
Alfredo Sauce with milk recipe
I love this homemade chicken alfredo recipe and I know you will too once you make my easy homemade alfredo sauce you will never buy jarred alfredo sauce again.
I make my homemade alfredo sauce with milk instead of cream or cream cheese.
It is one of my favorite family recipes.
Alfredo sauce without cream
Did you know you can make alfredo sauce without cream? Oh yes, it is possible and this alfredo sauce made with milk is going to rock your world. I promise!
It is thick, creamy and rich. It will be the best alfredo sauce recipe you have ever eaten.
How to make Alfredo Sauce recipe with milk instead of cream
You may be doubting my opinion (it is biased!) of how awesome this chicken alfredo recipe tastes.
I understand completely so please head over to my Easy Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce recipe and read some of the comments I have received over the years.
My Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe is the #1 popular post of mine.
Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
As I mentioned I used my homemade alfredo recipe to make this Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe.
You just add a touch of whole or ground red pepper flakes to the basic alfredo sauce recipe to make it spicy.
You can adjust the heat factor by adjusting the amount of red pepper seasoning you use.
I love hot and spicy food but most of my family does not so I adjust the amount of red pepper used based on who will be eating.
Print the Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe below
Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Spicy Cajun Chicken
- 3 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce package fettuccine noodles
Spicy Alfredo Sauce with milk
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
To Make the Cajun Chicken
- Trim fat from chicken breast and coat evenly with the Spicy Cajun seasoning. Let set for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken while making Alfredo sauce. Cook chicken until cooked through. 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast.
While the chicken is cooking
- Melt butter with salt, pepper and ground red pepper in a heavy sauce pan. Make a rue by whisking flour into the butter to create a thick paste. Cook whisking all the while for 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk in while whisking. Whisk well to blend the thickened rue into the milk. Add Parmesan cheese and again whisk well to combine.
- Heat Alfredo sauce on medium high. Continue whisking until thickened, about 15 minutes. Set Alfredo sauce aside.
- While you continue to cook the chicken bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook fettuccine noodles until el dente, about 12-15 minutes per package directions.
- Remove chicken from pan once it is done and allow it to rest on a plate while the noodles continue to cook.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Drain noodles reserving about a cup of liquid.
- Use the reserved liquid to thin out the alfredo sauce if it has thickened too much while cooling
- Return the drained noodles to the pot they were cooked in. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the noodles and stir. Add the chicken pieces and stir.
- Serve with a slice of Italian bread and a salad on the side.
- Skinny homemade alfredo sauce is easy to make at home and tastes so good!