How To Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs
Instant Pot Poached Eggs are super easy to prepare and you will have perfect poached eggs every time!
Who knew you could make perfect poached eggs in a pressure cooker?
It is amazing just how handy the Instant Pot pressure cooker really is. I have loved all of the Instant Pot recipes I have made so far.
Instant Pot Poached Eggs Time
Poached eggs cook very fast when you make them in the Instant Pot. Follow the suggested cooking times below. Be prepared to immediately remove the poached eggs from the pressure cooker the second you remove the lid. Any delay and the poached eggs will continue to cook.
- 2 minute Instant Pot Poached eggs and the white of the eggs will be slightly wet and the yolk will be very runny.
- For 3 minute Instant Pot Poached eggs, the yolk will be runny but the egg whites will be very firm.
- 4 Minute IP poached eggs and the yolk and whites will be firm. The poached egg yolk will be cooked completely for people who don't like wet and runny egg yolks.
- 8-quart Instant Pot
- silicone egg poacher cups
- pastry brush
- ½ cup measuring cup
- Extra Large eggs
- dried parsley flakes
- ground black pepper
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Instant Pot Accessories
- I love my silicone sling and use it all the time. The sling helps keep the silicone egg poacher cups stable while pressure cooking.
- I used my new set of silicone egg poaching cups to make this recipe. If you don't have the poaching cups you can use the silicone egg bites mold instead.
- I wanted my Instant Pot poached eggs to be shaped more or less the same way they would be shaped if I had cooked them in a pot of simmering water. Since the egg bite molds are smaller and rounder the poached eggs would be too small in shape to fit on an English Muffin or bread for a sandwich.
Step 1: Prep the Instant Pot by placing the water into the aluminum insert. Place the silicone sling or the metal trivet that comes with the IP in. Arrange the silicone egg poacher cups around the edge of the sling. Make sure they are stable and standing up straight or the raw egg might spill out.
Step 2: Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Use a pastry brush to brush the butter inside each egg poacher cup.
Step 3: Crack one large egg into the ½ cup measuring cup. Reach down into the Instant Pot and carefully pour the raw egg into one of the egg poaching cups. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
Sprinkle the top of each egg with salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Step 4: Secure the handles on the silicone sling. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is set on the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the pressure cooking time to 3 minutes.
- Step 5: As soon as the timer goes off alerting you that the pressure cooker is finished push the valve to the venting position. As soon as all of the steam has been released unlock the lid and lift it off away from your body. Immediately remove the egg cups with the finished poached eggs from the Instant Pot.
Important Note: It is extremely important that you immediately remove the poached eggs from the hot Instant Pot. The heat from inside the appliance will continue to cook the eggs. If you want a wet yolk then you must not hesitate before removing the eggs from the Instant Pot.
Tasty Ways To Serve Poached Eggs
- Make a poached egg sandwich. You can serve a poached egg on toast or a toasted English Muffin with cheese, bacon or ham.
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
- Take your Avocado toast up a level and top it with a perfectly poached egg.
- Serve a poached egg on a plate and add your favorite breakfast sides.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Print the recipe below
Instant Pot Poached Eggs Recipe
- 5 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Place one cup of water into the bottom of an 8 quart Instant Pot.
- Place a Silicone Sling into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Arrange 5 silicone egg poacher cups on top of the Silicone Sling.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and using a pastry brush coat the insides of the egg cup molds with the melted butter.
- Crack one egg open and pour it into the ½ cup measuring cup. Pour the egg into one of the egg cup molds. Repeat with all of the eggs until all of your egg molds are filled. Sprinkle each egg with salt, pepper and dried parsley.
- Secure the silicone sling handle by snapping the handle lock into place.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is set to the Sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the timer for 3 minutes. Stay close by because you will need to immediately release the steam when the timer goes off and the eggs are finished pressure cooking.
- When the timer beeps use a long handled spoon like a wooden spoon to push the valve to the Venting position. Allow all of the steam to naturally release and the pin to drop.
- Immediately and carefully remove the lid away from your face.
- When the hot steam dissipates remove the silicone egg cups from the pressure cooker at once and place them in a large bowl.
- Makes 5 poached eggs.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Stay near by to prevent over cooking the poached eggs.
- If you like a runny yolk pressure cook for 2 minutes instead of 3.
- Make poached eggs ahead of time and freeze for a quick grab and go breakfast.
How would I make changes for my 6 quart and 3 quart instant pots?
You would follow the directions the same except load less eggs in the Instant Pot.