Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
This Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake is so moist and delicious. The ingredients are readily available in most grocery stores. Every once in awhile I like to change things up a bit and share a gluten free recipe. Many people are living a gluten free lifestyle these days and I think sharing a gluten free recipe every once in awhile for those readers is a good thing.
Not only is this Pumpkin Cake recipe gluten free but it is also a Low Carb Pumpkin Cake recipe. This Pumpkin Cake recipe is baked in an 8 x 8 baking pan and when cut into 16 pieces each piece has less than 9 carbs.
For this recipe you will need almond meal. I was out but had some raw almonds on hand and ground them into homemade almond meal. If you can't find almond meal you can grind about 1 cup of whole raw almonds in a blender. The 1 cup of almonds gave me a little bit more than the 1 ⅔ cup called for in this recipe.
A moist and delicious gluten free Pumpkin Cake recipe that is also low carb.
- 1 ⅔ cups almond meal
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½-1 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar *see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons homemade vanilla extract
- Shift all the dry ingredients and spices into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients until blended well.
- With a large spoon fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-36 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
*Notes: I made this recipe using ½ cup of coconut sugar and it came out moist and delicious with just a hint of sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter cake use 1 cup of sugar.
This recipe would also make great muffins. Adjust the baking time (16-24 minutes) accordingly if making muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 235