Easy Apple Spice Cupcakes
Disclosure: This Easy Apple Spice Cupcakes recipe is a sponsored post.
A few months ago my MIL told me she had a cupcake/ muffin recipe she was going to make for me. That I wouldn't believe how easy and how good they were. The next time she came over to visit she brought these great chocolate muffins and told me to taste one and try to figure out how they were made. Well I tasted one and it was a very delicious, moist and yummy chocolate muffin. So I decided to try and make Easy Apple Spice Cupcakes using the same two ingredient method.
To tell the truth there isn't a cupcake or a muffin I've met that I don't like lol. It doesn't matter to me what the secret ingredient is as long as they taste good!
So she tells me that the recipe is a can of pumpkin pie filling and a box of chocolate cake mix! These muffins were great. They were very moist, and dense like a muffin and tasted just like a very good homemade chocolate muffin.
I never did guess that there was any pumpkin in them. There is no flavor of pumpkin at all.
Well last weekend when I was hosting the Bissell Stomp N Go product party I wanted to make a muffin or cupcake for my guests.
I decided to make an Apple Spice cupcake using this low calorie trick. The MIL told me she had learned of it years ago from Weight Watchers. It is a way to have a sweet that doesn't have the oil and egg that most baked goods have and so it cuts back on the calories.
My cupcakes of course have frosting and probably cancels out the low calorie benefit of baking this way but let me tell you it tastes so good that you wouldn't know it was made from a boxed cake mix.
Easy Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 ¾ cup applesauce
- Pour the cake mix into a bowl. Add the apple sauce and stir to combine well. It looks a little thick but don't worry about it. It will bake up just finae.
- I used cupcake papers but you can just use a cupcake pan if you prefer.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake wells so all your cupcakes/muffins are the same size.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack.
- Frost with buttercream frosting and sprinkle tops with cinnamon.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Calories for one cupcake without frosting.
Cooling on a cooling rack prevents the bottom from getting soggy! You can pick them up in the dollar store. They really come in handy especially when baking cookies!
I frosted mine with a can of butter cream frosting and sprinkled some cinnamon on top. They turned out so good!
Try it you won't believe how good they are.