Crock Pot Mexican Soup Recipe
This Crock Pot Mexican Soup recipe is made with boneless chicken breast and tastes so good on a chilly fall evening. Take advantage of crock pot chicken recipes that are easy to make and warm the soul.
Cool Weather Soup Recipes
If eating soup during the fall is one of your favorite ways to feed the family you need a collection of easy and delicious crock pot soup recipes that will knock the chill off of a cool September day.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
This Mexican Soup recipe is not spicy so even picky eaters will enjoy eating a bowl for dinner or lunch.
Mexican Chicken Soup is made with simple soup ingredients that when slowly cooked together for a couple of hours all the flavors meld together to create an easy soup recipe that tastes amazing.
How To Make Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken soup starts with boneless skinless chicken breasts but you could use boneless chicken thighs if that is what you have on hand.
I prefer to use skinless chicken when I make my crock pot soup recipes because even though the skin will add flavor it will also add fat.
The chicken fat will float to the top of the soup. It is a hassle to scoop the chicken fat from the top of the soup broth so using skinless chicken to start with will prevent the extra work.
I added a can of kidney beans for flavor and the added protein. You can use black beans or even canned pinto beans if that is what you have one hand.
Crock Pot Soup recipes are some of the most forgiving recipes you can make. It is easy to adapt almost any soup recipe by changing up a few of the ingredients. If you don't have something on hand replace that ingredient with one that you do have on hand.
Crock Pot Soup Recipes
If you love crock pot soup recipes head over to my Crock Pot Soup recipes page where you will find all links to all of my crock pot soup recipes.
Crock Pot Recipes
Because I know you love slow cooker recipes as much as I do head over to my main Slow Cooker Recipes page where you will find links to all my slow cooker recipes. Flour On My Face is the ultimate resource for easy crock pot recipes for busy families! Take a look around!Print
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe is a delicous and meaty chicken soup recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner on a cool fall or winter night.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 10 oz bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (adjust after cooking)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 15.4 oz can drained and rinsed kidney, pinto or black beans
- Place the boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Add the corn, undrained tomatoes, sliced bell pepper and onion to the crock pot.
- Next add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and ground cumin to the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth in and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, high for 5 hours or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking remove it from the crock pot and place it in a bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken meat.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and add a can of drained and rinsed kidney, pinto or black beans to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- If you like a thicker broth you can mix two tablespoons of corn starch with 3 tablespoons of water and add it to the crock pot stirring until it is mixed in. Recover the crock pot and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes for the bean to heat up and the broth to thicken.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Serve with white rice and flour tortilla wedges if desired.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 58.2g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 18.3g
Keywords: Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup, Mexican recipes, Crock Pot Chicken Soup recipe,