The Crock Pot Cowboy Bean Soup recipe is amazing!
This delicious soup recipe is made with Hurst's dried beans, browned ground beef and crispy smoked bacon.
Hearty Bean Soup Recipes
This weekend is going to be a cold one and a hearty dried bean soup recipe made with ground beef and smoky bacon will be perfect for dinner.
A hearty bean soup recipe made with ground beef is hearty and filling enough so everyone in the family will love it.
Serve a big bowl of this soup with fresh cornbread, biscuits or a crusty loaf of Italian bread so you can sop up the broth.
Last month I introduced you to the new Hurst’s HamBeens® Italian Bean Soup with this Crock Pot Italian Bean Meatball Soup recipe.
This month I am sharing another new dried bean product from Hurst ’s HamBeens®. The new BBQ Style Cowboy Beans are available at Publix grocery stores with the dried beans.
The new BBQ Style Cowboy Beans are a perfect combination of beans and seasonings.
I love the seasoning packet included with all of the Hurst's dried beans I have cooked with.
The seasoning packets are always the perfect combination of flavors paired with the dried beans. They make cooking with dried beans easy.
The new BBQ Style Cowboy Beans is a combination of small red and pink beans.
The seasoning packets flavors are a perfect blend of sweet, smoky and spicy. A perfect flavor combination to go with the BBQ style beans.
What is Cowboy Bean Soup?
When I think of what a Cowboy Bean Soup might be I envision a thick and meaty bean soup recipe that is good enough and hearty enough to fill the bellies of those rough and tumble cowboys of years gone by.
Cowboy bean soup is made with simple ingredients like dried beans, ground beef and bacon.
Diced sweet bell peppers, onion, stewed tomatoes and minced garlic are basic soup ingredients that when combined with the rich flavors of the seasoning packet, the dried beans, browned ground beef and fried bacon creates flavors that will have your taste buds dancing.
This bean soup tastes better with each spoonful!
The smoky and spicy flavors of paprika, hatch chili peppers and chipotle pepper of the seasoning packet blend perfectly with the sweet flavors of brown and maple sugar of the Hurst's signature seasoning packet.
Crock Pot Cowboy Bean Soup will be perfect this weekend as the temperatures drop.
We are expecting a cold front down here in Florida and I will be enjoying a bowl of Cowboy Bean Soup to warm me up.
More bean soup recipes
Crock Pot Cowboy Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. Hurst's HamBeens Brand BBQ Style Cowboy Beans
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained well
- 8 oz. bacon diced, fried crispy and drained on a paper towel
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced 1 ½ tablespoons
- 15.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 64 oz beef broth two 32 oz cartons
- Brown the ground beef and fry the bacon and set aside.
- Prep the dried beans by rinsing in a colander and picking out and debris.
- Put the rinsed beans into a 7 quart or larger crock pot.
- Add the drained ground beef, bacon diced onion, bell peppers, minced garlic and stewed tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Add the salt, pepper and the seasoning pack that came with the beans to the crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth into the crock pot and stir to mix the soup ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours or until the bean are tender.
- Once done serve the Cowboy Bean Soup with corn bread or crusty Italian bread.
- Makes about 8 servings.