Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken recipe
Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken recipe is the easiest bourbon chicken recipe you will ever make. Load up the crock pot and you will be enjoying the best Bourbon chicken you have ever eaten outside of the Mall food court. I promise you!
Love crock pot chicken recipes? Check out the Crock Pot Chicken Recipes page for more easy crock pot chicken recipes.
How to make Easy Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken?
This Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken recipe is made with boneless chicken breasts, a store bought bottle of bourbon chicken sauce and few fresh herbs like fresh garlic and fresh ginger.
If the chicken is cut into bite size pieces it can be done cooking in about 2 hours.
If you need to cook this recipe longer than 2 hours leave the chicken breast or chicken thighs whole when putting them in the crock pot.
Boneless chicken cooks very fast when it is cut into small pieces. Leaving the chicken pieces whole will keep the chicken from drying out.
Where To Find Bourbon Chicken Cooking Sauce?
Bourbon Chicken cooking sauce is available at most grocers. It can be found in the International food section with the Asian cooking products like Soy sauce.
How To Thicken The Bourbon Sauce?
If after cooking the Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken you find the sauce is thin you can thicken it up with a slurry of 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of cool water added to the crock pot after 1 and a half hours, if cooking bite size pieces of chicken.
Mix the cornstarch slurry into the bourbon chicken sauce and replace the lid.
Allow the Bourbon chicken to cook for another 30 minutes. Do not over cook the chicken.
If for some reason the bourbon chicken sauce has not thickened and the chicken meat is done you can carefully pour the bourbon sauce into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil on the stove.
This will thicken the bourbon chicken sauce in just a few minutes once it comes to a boil. Pour the thickened sauce over the cooked chicken and serve over cooked white rice.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
More Chicken Recipes?
If you love easy chicken recipes I have an entire page dedicated to my chicken crock pot recipes.
Can’t get enough of Crock Pot Chicken Recipes? Head over to my Crock Pot Chicken recipes page where you will find links to all of my Crock Pot Chicken recipes.
More Crock Pot Recipes
You can find links to all of my crock pot recipes below. Book mark the page and you will always have all my crock pot recipes at your fingertips!
Looking for more easy crock pot recipes like this one? I have shared over 220 easy crock pot recipes. You can find them on my Crock Pot Recipe Page.
Should I Use Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs?
Traditionally Bourbon Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken thighs. Chicken thigh meat is juicier than the white meat of chicken breasts.
My family prefers white meat so I use chicken breasts for most of my crock pot chicken recipes. But you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of boneless chicken breasts if that is what your family will eat.
Print or Pin the Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken Recipe BelowPrint
Easy Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken recipe is made with boneless chicken, a bottle of Bourbon Chicken sauce, fresh minced ginger root and minced garlic. Serve this favorite Asian recipe over cooked white rice and enjoy your favorite Chinese chicken recipe at home. This easy chicken crock pot recipe cooks fast when you cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- 2–3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 15 oz bottle of Bourbon Chicken Sauce (I used BC Original Bourbon Chicken Sauce I bought at Publix Supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Cooked white rice
- green onion (optional)
- Cut the boneless chicken into bite size pieces and add them to a crock pot. (see notes)
- Add the minced ginger and minced garlic to the crock pot. Pour the entire bottle of bourbon chicken sauce over the chicken.
- Toss the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover the crock pot and cook for 2 hours on high or 3 to 4 hours on low. (see notes)
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- NOTES: The cooking time will depend on a number of factors. Bite size pieces of chicken will cook very quickly. If you are in a hurry to get dinner on the table cut the chicken up and cook on high.
- If you need more cooking time leave the chicken pieces whole. Whole pieces of chicken breast halves or boneless chicken thighs will take longer to cook. Cook this recipe on low.
- If you pack the chicken into the crock pot when doubling this recipe will add an hour or more.
- Calories: 702
Keywords: Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken, easy Bourbon Chicken recipe, Crock Pot Chinese recipes, Copycat Bourbon Chicken recipe