Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken is a sweet and tangy crock pot chicken recipe you are going to love. Serve it over rice with a vegetable. You will be amazed how easy it is to make.
If you love the sweet and tangy flavor of balsamic vinegar you are going to love this easy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken recipe.
Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
I love Crock Pot Chicken recipes. I have over 50 crock pot chicken recipes for you to choose from on my crock pot chicken recipes page.
Be sure to check them out! I am adding new easy chicken recipes cooked in the slow cooker all the time!
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Cooking chicken with a Balsamic vinegar marinade turns a pretty boring piece of poultry into a spectacular meal.
The Balsamic vinegar marinade is made with just a few ingredients that once combined and slow cooked over chicken turns the chicken into a moist, and tender chicken that is so delicious.
For this Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken thigh recipe I have used bone in chicken thighs.
If your family does not like chicken thighs you can make this Balsamic chicken recipe with boneless chicken breast halves or bone-in chicken breasts.
Crock Pot Balsamic chicken breasts will be just as delicious as the Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs.
Some people prefer the dark meat of chicken thighs which tend to be more juicy compared to chicken breasts.
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken and Rice
When I make a crock pot meal like this Balsamic chicken in the slow cooker I like to thicken the marinade the chicken has cooked in and drizzle it over the tender pieces of chicken I am serving on a bed of cooked rice.
Today I made Jasmine rice on the stove and served the tender pieces of slow cooked Balsamic chicken on top of a bed of the cooked rice.
How To Keep Chicken from drying out in a crock pot?
How to keep chicken from drying out in a crock pot recipe is not that hard to do. If you cook the chicken in a marinade like this Balsamic vinegar marinade the chicken will stay moist as it slow cooks in the marinade.
The dark meat of chicken thighs don’t usually dry out when cooked in a crock pot because they are a very moist piece of poultry to start with.
When you are cooking chicken breasts is when you can run into problems. If the chicken breasts are overcooked they will be dry.
Over cooking chicken breasts is usually the culprit if your chicken is dry when you cook them in the crock pot.
Small thin chicken tenders, boneless skinless chicken breasts and bone-in chicken breasts will dry out if over cooked.
Very small, thin chicken tenders or small pieces of boneless chicken, and boneless chicken breasts that have been cut into bite size pieces can cook very quickly in the crock pot.
These small cuts of chicken meat can easily over cook in as little as 2 hours.
More Crock Pot Recipes
Looking for more easy crock pot recipes like this one? I have shared over 220 easy crock pot recipes. You can find them on my Crock Pot Recipe Page.
Print the Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Recipe below.Print
A sweet and tangy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Recipe that is so easy to make and only has a few ingredients. Serve these moist and tender balsamic chicken thighs over Jasmine rice with a vegetable side dish.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 7 quart or casserole crock pot in a single layer. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste.
- In a spouted bowl or glass measuring cup mix the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic and Dijon mustard. Whisk together until well combined.
- Place the lid on the crock pot. Slow cook the balsamic chicken for 3-4 hours on high or 6 -8 hours on low. (see notes)
- When the chicken is completly cooked use a ladle to scoop the juices out of the crock pot. Pour the juices into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cool water. Add the cornstarch slurry to the boiling juices and stir until thickened.
- Serve the balsamic chicken over a bed of rice and drizzle the “gravy” over the chicken when serving.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces you use. Large chicken breasts with the bone in will take longer to slow cook than boneless chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts.
- Serving Size: 2 Chicken Thighs
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 27.1g
- Sodium: 143.6mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 122.6mg
Keywords: Crock Pot Blasamic Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Recipes, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Chicken Recipes