Cranberry Orange Muffins
Are you planning to bake anything sweet for your sweetie this Valentines Day? These muffins would be a great way to start the day and are sure to put a smile on the face of the one you love.
Valentine's Day Breakfast Cranberry Orange Muffins
Surprise your Sweetie with these delicious Cranberry Orange Muffins on Valentines Day.Rate this Recipe
Follow Flour On My Face on Pinterest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Cut the cranberries in half and set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat the egg, add the butter, hot water, orange juice and orange zest. Mix until blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a large spoon until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill the wells in a muffin pan. If you like you can sprinkle some granulated sugar on top of the muffins before baking. It gives them a lovely sweet crunch. I used orange sugar to top some of my muffins.
- Bake about 18 to 23 minutes at 325 F. degrees oven. Cool five minutes and move to a cooling rack.
Recipe Expert Tips
- To make orange sugar simply add a cup of sugar to a small mason jar and add some orange zest to the jar. Stir the zest in and store. Each time you have extra zest add it to the jar to enhance the flavor. You can do this with any citrus zest you may have on hand.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Share a picture on Instagram and tag @flouronmyface2
Tip: It takes about 2 large oranges to get almost a ½ cup of juice. You can add a bit of water to bring it up to a full cup.
It's such a small amount it doesn't affect the flavor at all.
Enjoy and Happy Valentines Day!
thanks for sweet delicious item that you have posted.
These sound delicious. I love the flavor combination in these muffins.
looks wonderful and colourful