Cinnamon Sweet Roll Waffles with Apple Cinnamon Syrup
Disclosure: The shop for this Cinnamon Sweet Roll Waffles with Apple Cinnamon Syrup recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WarmUpYourDay #CollectiveBias
If your family is like mine then you don’t have much time to make a big breakfast until the weekend rolls around. Sunday’s are usually the day I love to cook a big breakfast for my family. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, sweet rolls, sausage and biscuit gravy are some of the things that will show up on breakfast table on the weekend.
While I was shopping at Walmart recently I noticed Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls in the dairy section. They were nestled right there with all the other sweet rolls but there is something unique about the Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls. They come with a lovely little package of filling. In this case apple filling.
The Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls are available in two flavors. Apple Cinnamon and Pecan Caramel. I don’t know if you noticed the big empty space near the point of the arrow in my photo but that is where the Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls are suppose to be. They were sold out! I’m not surprised. I can just image how good the Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls taste. I can’t wait to try them.
I love the flavor of apples and cinnamon together so I picked up a couple of cans of the Pepperidge Farm Apple Cinnamon Sweet Rolls to try. I have been meaning to try out those Cinnamon Roll Waffles I have been seeing all over the place and I had a feeling the Pepperidge Farm Apple Cinnamon Sweet Rolls would be delicious as a waffle. I wasn’t disappointed!
I don’t know why I waited so long to try Cinnamon Roll Waffles. Well that’s not true. I do know why I waited so long………. I had to find my waffle maker! Now it’s safely tucked under the kitchen cabinet so I can pull it out any time I feel the need to #WarmUpMyDay with more of these Cinnamon Sweet Roll Waffles with Apple Cinnamon Syrup. They are so easy to make and only take about 2 minutes in a waffle maker.
How to make Cinnamon Sweet Roll Waffles with Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- Dust off your waffle maker and heat to high.
- Spray with a cooking spray.
- Place a Pepperidge Farm Apple Cinnamon Sweet Roll in the center of the hot waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until the cinnamon roll waffle is golden brown and cooked through the center.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- Place 1 cup of pancake/waffle syrup in a small sauce pan.
- Squeeze the Pepperidge Farm Apple Cinnamon Sweet Roll topping into the sauce pan.
- Heat on low until combined.
- Keep warm while making the Cinnamon Sweet Roll Waffles.
- Pour over waffles and enjoy!
Serve with Florida Orange Juice, eggs and sausage links.
- 2 cans Pepperidge Farms Apple Sweet Rolls
- 1 cup of pancake syrup
- Open the Pepperidge Farm Apple Sweet Rolls.
- Set the apple filling and icing pouch aside.
- Heat a waffle iron to high.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Place 1 sweet roll in the center of the waffle iron.
- Close the waffle iron and cook about 2½ minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sweet rolls.
- Stack waffles on a plate, cover with a clean dish towel to keep warm while cooking the remaining waffles.
- In a small sauce pan warm the syrup and the 2 packets of apple cinnamon filling.
- Pour the apple cinnamon syrup over waffles.
- Serve with eggs and sausage links.
- Discard the icing packet or save for another use.