Candy Cane White Coconut Hot Cocoa #SilkHoliday
Warm up this winter with this Candy Cane White Coconut Hot Cocoa recipe.
Silk Holiday Recipe Contest
I don’t know if you have noticed but I love the challenge of coming up with a product recipe. Silk is running the Holiday Recipe Contest on their Facebook page until December 1st, 2012. The challenge is to come up with a Holiday recipe using one of their products. I had my choice of Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk and their Seasonal Flavors.
I eyed the eggnog but decided to go with the Coconut Milk. I had a great idea for a hot cocoa recipe using the Coconut Milk and couldn’t wait to make it to see how well it would turn out.
I am happy to say it turned out delicious.
Take a peek at this Holiday recipe using Silk Coconut. And when you try out this recipe please be sure to let me know how much you liked it.
Candy Cane White Coconut Hot Cocoa recipe can be found in the Ziplist format below.
- 3 Cups of Silk Coconut Milk
- 1¼ cups Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch chips or ¼- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract.
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scrapped or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add coconut milk, Giraradelli Classic White Chocolate Chips and vanilla bean to a heavy saucepan.
- Heat until chocolate melts, whisking to keep the chocolate from sticking or burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk until the chocolate has melted and the cocoa is hot.
- Add Andes Chips or peppermint extract ( start with ¼ tsp and taste, then adjust).
- Add vanilla extract if you didn't use a vanilla bean.
- Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream. Garnish with a candy cane and a sprinkle of Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips or red and white sprinkles.
Enjoy a mugful on a chilly night.
Do you have any Holiday inspired recipes using a Silk product?
Have you entered the Silk Holiday Recipe Contest on Facebook?
Contest ends on December 1st 2012
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.