Peach Vanilla Jam
Ball Jam & Jelly Maker Recipe
This Peach Vanilla Jam recipe is for all you Ball Jam and Jelly Maker users out there but you could very easily add a few vanilla beans to a pot of peach jam that you are making using traditional canning methods.
Adding vanilla beans (affiliate link) to any flavor of jam adds a lovely vanilla flavor that you just can’t get by adding vanilla extract. Fresh vanilla beans have a much deeper and richer vanilla flavor that is very similar to vanilla extract but so much better.
I’ve been holding on to this Peach Vanilla Jam recipe for a couple of months. Saving it for when the summer peaches come in. Now that July is here the stores are stocking beautiful summer peaches. I can buy peaches pretty much all year long here in Florida but summer peaches are the juiciest and have the best peach flavor than at any other time of the year.
This Peach Vanilla Jam happens to be one of my favorite jams that I make. While the rest of the family loves strawberry jam the best. Last year I made a strawberry vanilla jam that was so good.
Buying bulk vanilla beans on Amazon (affiliate link) is a much cheaper option than buying 2 vanilla beans in the grocery store. And once you have a few vanilla beans in the cabinet you will find many ways them.
- 2⅔ cups crushed peaches, about 2 lbs
- 3 tablespoon Ball Real Fruit Classic Pectin
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon margarine to cut back on foaming
- 3½ cups granulated sugar
- 1-2 vanilla beans
- Prepare the peaches by washing them, peeling them, pitting them and coarsely chopping them.
- Crush the peaches using a potato masher or the bottom of a heavy glass.
- Measure 2⅔ cups of the crushed peaches into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Measure sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pectin to the bottom of the Jam Maker with the Stirrer in place.
- Add the crushed peaches and lemon juice evenly on top of the pectin.
- Add the margarine to the Jam Maker.
- Cut the vanilla bean(s) in half and then split and scrape each half of the bean(s). Put the vanilla pods and scrapped beans into the Jam Maker.
- Press the jam button on the Jam & Jelly Maker and press enter.
- Allow the machine to run for 4 minutes until you hear 4 short beeps
- Immediately add the sugar slowly to the Jam Maker.
- Place the lid on the jam maker.
- Allow the Jam Maker to run for the remaining 18 minutes on the timer undisturbed.
- Do not lift the lid during cooking time.
- When the Jam Maker beeps again the jam is done.
- Carefully remove the lid by first lifting the back end that is farthest away from you to allow the release of the built up heat and steam. Warning the glass lid will be hot. Place it on a towel out of the way.
- Fill your jars leaving the vanilla bean(s) in the jam to be randomly added to the lucky jars they happen to end up in. Process the jam in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.