How to Buy A Crock Pot Slow Cooker Guide
If you’re in the market to buy a crock pot slow cooker and you have no idea what size you will need for your family I am going to help you pick out the perfect size crock pot slow cooker with my How to Buy a Crock Pot Slow Cooker Guide.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links ahead. If you should make a purchase based on my recommendation I will receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!
How to buy a crock pot slow cooker that is the right size for your family?
What size Crock-Pot Slow Cookers are available?
There are many crock-pot slow cooker sizes to choose from. The smallest crock pot slow cooker is the Crock Pot Little Dipper that is for hot dips and sauces. The largest Crock Pot Slow Cooker is an 8 quart crock pot slow cooker that can feed a large family or a crowd.
You also have the option of buying a manual slow cooker or an automatic programmable slow cooker with a timer. The programmable slow cookers are more expensive. Of all the crock pot slow cookers, I own none of them have a timer. For me, this works well because I am usually at home when I am making a crock pot recipe.
If you plan on leaving your crock pot cooking while you are away from home and no one will be home to turn it off or on the warming setting then a crock pot with a timer would be the best bet for you. It will after setting the timer it will automatically turn the temperature down to the warm setting preventing your crock pot recipe from over cooking or burning.
Here are the most common manual Crock Pot Slow Cookers to choose from.
- Crock -Pot® Little Dipper® Warmer holds 16 ounces and is perfect for hot dip recipes and sauces. The little crock pot comes in very handy when hosting parties or during the holidays when your need to serve up a few snacks for your guests.
- Crock-Pot® 2.5-Quart Manual Slow Cooker serves 3+ people and has a low and high setting.
- Crock-Pot® 4-quart Manual Slow Cooker serves 4, has a low, high and warm setting.
- Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Manual Slow Cooker with Travel Strap, serves up to 7, has a low, high and warm setting.
- Crock-Pot® 7-Quart Manual Slow Cooker has a 7-quart capacity and will serve 9+ people, has a low, high and warm setting.
- Crock-Pot® 8-Quart Manual Slow Cooker has an 8-quart capacity and will feed 10+ people, has low , high and warm setting. (Sold with or without the Little Dipper® Food Warmer)
- Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock Slow Cooker is perfect for casseroles, lasagna and crock pot dessert recipes, has a 3.5-quart capacity and will serve the same number of people as a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, about 6 to 8.
I was so excited to buy the new Crock Pot Casserole Slow Cooker. It is perfect to cook casseroles and crock pot dessert recipes in. I’ve only made a couple of crock pot dessert recipes so far and they cook much better than when I used the deep crock pot size.
What size crock pot slow cooker for most recipes?
If you are a small family of 2-4 then a 6-qaurt Crock Pot Slow Cooker will work for most recipes for you.
What Size Crock Pot for two people?
For a two-person household, a 4 quart Crock Pot Slow Cooker will work best for you. You’ll probably have some left overs which is great for lunch the next day.
What Size Crock Pot Slow Cooker for a family of five?
For a larger family, the best size crock pot is a 7 quart Crock Pot Slow Cooker or the 8 quart Crock Pot Slow Cooker. You will be able to cook enough for the entire family and have some left overs.
What Size Crock Pot Slow Cooker for one person?
For a single person if you just want to cook a meal and aren’t interested in much for left overs a 2.5 quart Crock Pot Slow Cooker will work for you. If you’d like to have left overs or even freeze the left overs for a few freezer meals to eat later then a 4-quart crock pot Slow Cooker would be best for you.