DIY Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HostingHacks #CollectiveBias
Don’t get caught without Bounty Paper Towels this holiday season. We all know that Bounty is the quicker picker upper. There is no other time of the year when cleaning the house is more important than when we are expecting guests for the holidays.
I can’t live without my roll of Bounty paper towels. Between using them to keep the house clean and wiping up after the grandkids, I run through Bounty paper towels like you wouldn’t believe. Bounty paper towels in my kitchen are as important as never running out of Charmin toilet paper in the bathroom.
Keeping my home stocked with my favorite P&G Household products is easy when I shop at Costco. I love the bulk size packages from Costo. I always have my Bounty paper towels and Charmin toilet paper on hand. I don’t have to worry about running out when I have company over for the holidays. Shopping at Costco saves me time and money.
This holiday season be sure to stock up with all your favorite P & G products from Costco. You don’t want to run out of Charmin with a house full of holiday guests. That would be pretty embarrassing.
How to make DIY Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- a 32 oz spray bottle
- 2 tablespoons Dawn Platinum Advanced Power Dishwashing Liquid
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- water to fill
- Measure the Dawn dish-washing liquid and put it in the spray bottle.
- Next add the vinegar.
- Fill the bottle with water.
- Shake well before each use.
This 3 Ingredient Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner is pretty much the only cleaning product I use in my house. I use it to clean everything from my kitchen to my bathroom and anything in between. It is safe to use around children and pets. It doesn’t leave a residue and makes appliances and glass sparkle.
Gather your Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner ingredients.
Put the Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner ingredients into a Spray Bottle
Shake it up and you are ready to go.
Holiday Cleaning Kit Supplies
Now that you have stocked up on P & G products at Costco you need a Holiday Cleaning Kit so you can get the house sparkling clean before the guests arrive.
Stock your Holiday Cleaning Kit with the Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner, Bounty Paper Towels, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, Swifter Duster, and refills. Now you are ready for all the cleaning jobs you may come across from daily cleaning to deep holiday cleaning.
I always restock my Cleaning Kit when I am expecting guests. Then I start deep cleaning the week before they will arrive. Once the deep cleaning is out of the way I can do a quick touch up the day before they arrive. This saves me time and stress.
My bottle of Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner really gets a workout during the holidays. I actually have three bottles of homemade cleaner on hand. I have two small bottles and a large one. I keep a small one in each of the bathrooms so I can do quick clean ups on a daily basis and the large one stays in my cleaning kit under the sink for deep cleaning days.
How to clean the kitchen and bathroom with Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner, Bounty Paper Towels, and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Spray down the kitchen cabinets and wipe up with a Bounty Paper Towel.
- Spray the front of the refrigerator and wipe down with a Bounty Paper Towel.
- Spray down the kitchen counters with Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner, allow to sit for 15 minutes on tough spots then wipe up with a Bounty Paper Towel.
- Once the counter surface is clean scrub away at stubborn stains with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Clean each appliance with the All-Purpose Cleaner and wipe down with a Bounty Paper Towel.
- Spray the inside of the microwave and door with the Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner. Heat for 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Wipe down the inside of the microwave and door with a Bounty Paper Towel.
- Repeat if stubborn stuck on food is present.
- Spray down the tub and tile with Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner. Allow cleaner to sit while cleaning the rest of the bathroom.
- Spray the outside of the toilet, toilet seat and floor around the toilet. Allow cleaner to sit while you spray down the sink, faucet and mirrors. Wipe all surfaces with a Bounty paper towel.
- Mirrors clean up with no smudges or lint when using a Bounty Paper Towel and Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner.
- Clean the tub and tile with a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser.
- Spray down the floor and wipe up with a Bounty Paper Towel.
Holiday Cleaning #HostingHack
Never use the sponge or rag you wash your dishes or other surfaces with to clean up any liquid from poultry. Use a Bounty paper towel to clean up the spill and then clean with a disinfectant that kills bacteria.
What room or part of your house do you absolutely hate to clean?
I hate cleaning the tub! I’d rather scrub a sink full of dished that clean the bathtub.
What is your favorite Costco P&G Product to help get the house ready for holiday guests?
Have a safe and happy holiday!