Fresh From Florida | Quick Fresh Vegetable Quesadilla’s
Fresh Vegetable Quesadilla’s are a quick and easy appetizer or lunch recipe that takes advantage of fresh Florida produce.
Looking for something quick and easy for lunch or dinner?
Have some tortilla shells in the refrigerator and a few fresh veggies sitting on the counter?
Quesadilla’s are so easy to make and they can be made individually so everyone in the family is happy.
I often make a plain cheddar cheese quesadilla for the kids to snack on. But for myself I love to change it up and use what ever I have in the house.
This week I had some fresh spinach leaves and fresh Florida grown tomatoes my husband picked up for me over the weekend at a little fruit and veggie stand.Print
Quick and Easy Veggie Quesadilla
Quick and Easy Veggie Quesadilla made with Fresh from Florida vegetables.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 fresh tomato
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese
- a dash of Italian seasoning
- Assemble your quesadilla
- Place 1 tortilla shell on a plate or cutting board.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of ricotta cheese on it.
- Add a layer of spinach leaves.
- Top with enough tomato slices to almost cover the spinach leaves.
- Slice the green onion and sprinkle as much as you like on top of the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle the dash of Italian seasoning over everything evenly.
- Add a few teaspoons of ricotta cheese all over the top.
- Add another layer of spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle a little more mozarella cheese over it.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of ricotta cheese on the bottom of the reserved tortilla shell.
- Cover with the filling with tortilla shell.
- Carefully move the quesadilla to a frying pan.
- Heat in an un-greased frying pan until cheese is melted and outside is browned and crispy.
- Serving Size: 1