Crock Pot Spoon Bread Southern Style
Crock Pot Spoon Bread Southern Style is a slightly sweet, slightly spicy cornbread spoon recipe that is perfect served alongside any main dish.
This moist and delicious cornbread recipe is the talk of the south.
Back in the 1990’s I lived in Vidalia, Georgia. Two of my siblings still live there.
One of the best things about living in Georgia was that I was introduced to real Southern-style recipes.
Spoon Bread is one of those recipes I had never eaten until I lived in Georgia.
How To Make Crock Pot Spoon Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 17 oz can of creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers (I used my homemade canned jalapeno peppers)
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the buttermilk and oil.
- Add the can of creamed corn, yellow cornmeal, shredded cheese, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Mix well with a large spoon until combined.
- Add the diced jalapeno peppers and fold in.
- Grease the inside of a 6-quart crock pot with vegetable oil. Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- Lay a double layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot and secure the lid so it traps the paper towels and seals the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm from the crock pot.
Helpful tips for Crock Pot Spoon Bread
- A double layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot will keep moisture from dripping onto the top of the Spoon Bread making the top soggy.
Print the Crock Pot Spoon Bread Recipe belowPrint
Crock Pot Spoon Bread Georgia Southern Style
This Crock Pot Spoon Bread recipe is a slightly sweet cornbread with pickled jalapeno peppers for a little spice.
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
17 oz can of creamed corn
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- Category: Crock Pot Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 214
Keywords: Spoon Bread Recipe, Southern Corn Bread Casserole. Spicy Cornbread