This Easy Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken recipe is this weeks Crock Pot recipe of the week.
Crock Pot recipes have gotten so popular. I love cooking in the crock pot and obviously so do many of you.
For this Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken recipe I used the (affiliate link) Crock Pot 4 Quart Oval Crock Pot.
Salsa Verde Chicken is so easy to make and is a 2 ingredient crock pot recipe with just a couple of spices added!
All you need is some boneless chicken breasts and a bottle of Salsa Verde.
You do not need a huge jar of salsa verde. As the chicken cooks it will release moisture.
How to Make Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Crock Pot recipes are so ridiculously easy to make. Place the boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pour the Taco Bell Verde Salsa over the chicken and add the seasonings.
Cook the salsa verde chicken for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low in your crock pot.
Once the chicken has finished cooking use a fork to pull the chicken apart and mix.
If the chicken seems to have too much liquid turn the crock pot up on high and cook for another hour or so until some of the liquid evaporates.
Or you could stir in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with 3 teaspoons of cold water. This will thicken the liquids and turn the liquid into a nice salsa verde sauce for your tacos.
Print the Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken recipe below
Easy Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts about 4 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1 7.5 jar Salsa Verde I used Tacobell Verde Salsa
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- salt and pepper to taste. to taste
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- Place the chicken into a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of Salsa Verde over them.
- Add the cumin and oregano.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken apart and stir.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve on warm tortillas with avocado wedges, sour cream, a wedge of lime and your favorite toppings.
- 8 filled soft flour tortillas.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Use as a shredded chicken filling for your favorite Mexican dishes.