Bacon Herb Cheese Bread
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for ACH. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating. All opinions and photos are my own.
Bacon Herb Cheese Bread is a perfect game day appetizer recipe. Get Back to Scratch with Fleischmann’s Yeast Game Day
Are you planning your Super Bowl Game Day food yet? Fleischmanns yeast wants to help you get back to scratch baking for Super Bowl Sunday.
If you take a stroll through my blog you can see how much I love to cook and bake from scratch. Nothing tastes better then homemade as far as I’m concerned. Investing just a small amount of time can turn your game day food from good to spectacular.
Want a chance to win some free Fleischmann’s Pizza crust yeast? Head over to their Facebook Page and share your favorite pizza topping for a chance to win. They are picking 50 winners a day! Submit your “Big Game” pizza recipe and you will be entered to win a Grand Prize Pizza Making prize pack.
Did you know that Fleischmanns yeast has been around since 1868? That is over 140 years.
It is my yeast of choice for all my from scratch homemade baking.
I decided to check out some of the recipes available on the Fleischmanns yeast baking website. I found this quick and easy Bacon, Herb & Cheese Bread recipe. It took no time at all to make. Not much different than mixing up a cake batter. All you need is one bowl to mix the dough, a small bowl to warm up the water and olive oil. And of course a baking pan to bake the bread in. The rising time was short and before I knew it my batch of cheese bread was in the oven baking.
With such an easy recipe there is no reason not to get back to scratch baking.
Gather your ingredients together along with a Kitchen Aid mixer or a large bowl and an electric mixer.
Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour with the undissolved yeast, Italian Herb Seasoning , salt and chopped garlic.
Heat the water and oil until very warm.
Slowly had the water and oil to the flour mixture.
Beat for 2 minutes on medium. Be sure to scrap the bowl at least once.
Add 1 cup of flour and the eggs.
Mix till combined then beat on medium for 2 minutes on high.
Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
Print the Game Day Bacon Herb Cheese Bread recipe belowPrint
Game Day Bacon, Herb & Cheese Bread this easy cheesy bread recipe is perfect for game day or any day you want to enjoy a homemade baked cheesy bread packed full of herb, cheese and bacon flavor.
Recipe Source Fleischmanns Bread World
- 4–1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Herb Seasoning
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons
- 1–1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheese blend (cheddar jack, cheddar mozzarella, ect.), divided
- 10 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, Italian herb seasoning, salt and garlic in a large mixer bowl. Heat water and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in 1 cup cheese and remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Spread batter on greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet with at least 1-inch sides. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with bacon. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cover loosely with foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking if cheese begins to overbrown. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Serve as strips or squares, or slice and use for sandwiches.
Replace bacon with 1-1/2 ounces thinly sliced salami,
hot pepper flakes, thinly sliced onion, red or green pepper
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 310