How to make a Single Serve Deep Dish Pizza
This easy homemade deep dish pizza recipe is one of my favorite pizza recipes. I make homemade pizza about twice a month.
This recipe will make on deep dish 9-inch pizza. You could probably get two thin crust pizzas out of this recipe. If thin crust is what you like.
You can also double it if you want to make two.
Now doesn’t that look good? It apparently tasted as good as it looked. You’ll just have to take my word for it though. Cause the youngest she ran off with that pizza and hid in her bedroom so she didn’t have to share as soon as I was done taking these pictures. Brat! One minute it was there on the table. I turned my back for a minute and all I heard was her bedroom door closing and the look turning!
From what she tells me it was the best pizza I ever made.
If you make it I hope you enjoy it as much as she did!
How to make Single Serve Deep Dish Pizza
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 generous tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- Pizza toppings of choice
- Add warm water, honey,olive oil and salt to a bowl. Stir gently. Add yeast and stir.
- Add one cup of flour and stir together, add more flour as needed if dough is very sticky. Sprinkle ¾ cup flour onto counter top and knead into dough. Knead dough about 8 minutes.
- Put into an oiled bowl and let rise until doubles. About 45 minutes to an hour.
- Punch dough down and form a tight ball. Let rest about 5 minutes. Oil a nine inch cake pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place dough into the center of the cake pan and push down to flatten. Using the heal of your hand work the dough from the center out to edges of pan. If dough is tight and resisting, stop and allow it to rest another five minutes or so.
- Spread pizza sauce on the dough and add your toppings.
- For a soft bottom place pan on top rack. For a crisper bottom place it on the bottom rack of your oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until dough is cooked through and the cheese has melted.