Microwave Breakfast Flatbread Pizza #TeamEggs
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the American Egg Board.This is my second post for the American Egg Board breakfast swap challenge. Today I am sharing this fast and easy Microwave Breakfast Flatbread Pizza recipe, another of my favorite egg recipes to help you and your family enjoy eggs for breakfast during your busy mornings. As I mentioned in my first post where I shared a 2 Minute Egg and Sausage Breakfast Burrito recipe this recipe also costs under $2 a serving and can be made in about 2 minutes.
What I learned during the American Egg Board Breakfast Swap
- Eggs are high in protein and a healthier choice for breakfast.
- Eggs are very inexpensive. They cost about 15 cents apiece and are one of the most affordable sources of high quality protein per serving.
- If I plan ahead I can make eggs for breakfast during the busy school week.
- Eggs give my daughter more energy and help keep her alert during the school morning.
Visit IncredibleEgg.org for kid friendly breakfast recipes, tips and more.
- 1 EGG, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. fully-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles or 1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link or patty, chopped
- 1 round flatbread (6-inch diameter)
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- BEAT egg and milk in 2-cup cereal bowl until blended. ADD sausage.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH 30 seconds; push cooked edges toward center. MICROWAVE until egg is almost set, about 15 to 45 seconds longer.
- CUT egg into 4 or 5 pieces; arrange on flatbread. TOP with cheese. MICROWAVE an additional 10 to 15 seconds to melt cheese. SERVE immediately.
Eggs provide a number of excellent dietary benefits, can be easily cooked in a variety of ways, and are very cost effective. The American Egg Board highlights the many benefits of eating eggs in addition to providing tips and delicious recipes. For more information, please visit http://IncredibleEgg.org/.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the American Egg Board.