How To Make Awesome Tangy Deviled Eggs
Easter is around the corner and like most households I will be making deviled eggs with the leftover hard-boiled eggs from coloring eggs with my daughter and granddaughters. Actually being a creative type of person I love coloring Easter eggs and can’t wait for Easter! I don’t wait all year long for Easter to make deviled eggs. And neither should you. That’s why I am sharing my tips on how to make awesome tangy deviled eggs with you today.
Truthfully I make deviled eggs all year long.
You would think an appetizer like deviled eggs that has only two main ingredients would be simple to make.
BUT when it comes to deviled eggs Miracle Whip has that tangy flavor that the best deviled eggs always have.
How to make a perfect hardboiled egg
To hard boil an egg correctly place your eggs in a pot. Make sure there is room for the eggs to move around as they boil so they don’t crack. Fill with water so the water is an inch or more over the eggs. Bring to a boil. Allow eggs to boil only for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the heat off, put a lid on the pot and move the pot off of the hot burner. Allow eggs to sit in the hot water for about 15 minutes. The hot water will continue to cook the eggs and you will have lovely mustard yellow yolks. After fifteen minutes rinse with cold water and peel.
Ziplist Deviled Egg Recipe
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tbs mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half with a sharp knife.
- Put the whites on a plate or in a deviled eggs dish.
- Put the yolks in the bowl of a food processor.
- Once you've got all the yolks in the processor pulse the yolks for about a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor bowl and turn it on low and let it mix for about 1½ minutes.
- Scrap down the bowl and pulse it a couple more times.
- Filled the deviled eggs with a spoon or get fancy with a cake decorating bag and a star tip.