Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken with Grilled Corn on the Cob
Disclosure: This Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken recipe has been sponsored by McCormick® at Walmart. All opinions are my own.
It is time to fire up the grill and your taste buds. This Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken is perfect for the weekend when friends and family stop by.
Do you have a few favorite products you reach for time after time when you're grilling? I do.
I have a spice cabinet full of McCormick® Spices. McCormick® Black Pepper and Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt are staples in our home.
I sprinkle it on all the beef and chicken I cook and use it in many of my favorite recipes.
It adds a flavor I can't find anywhere else. I always have a shaker in my spice cabinet.
Now that grilling season is here, I will be sprinkling McCormick® Black Pepper and Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt on all our steaks, burgers and chicken when we fire up the grill.
Stuffed Grilled Chicken recipes
This Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken recipe is a perfect example of how I love to use McCormick® Black Pepper and Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt when I grill.
If you love spicy jalapeno popper dip, you are going to love how good it tastes wrapped up inside a grilled boneless chicken breast that has been perfectly seasoned with my two favorite seasonings.
Grilling Recipes with McCormick®
Now that the warm weather is here, I'll be making more of my favorite grilled recipes with McCormick® Spices.
Walmart is my go-to store when I am planning a big backyard barbeque. I know I am going to find everything I need at the right price.
You can stock up on Lawry's®, the #1 Seasoned Salt that makes everything you cook taste better.
How To Make Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken
Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken is very easy to make. Simply butterfly boneless skinless chicken breasts and season them well on both sides with McCormick® Black Pepper and Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt.
Mix the jalapeno popper filling ingredients together in a bowl then spread the spicy cheesy filling over the seasoned chicken breast.
Fold the chicken breast closed over the jalapeno popper filling and secure with a couple of toothpicks or use a wooden skewer to hold the chicken piece together tightly.
Chill the stuffed chicken breasts and then grill the chicken over medium-hot charcoal or on a gas grill.
Grill the stuffed chicken breasts until cooked through (internal meat temperature reaches 165 F. degrees) before brushing the chicken with Stubb’s® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, the #1 premium BBQ sauce made with authentic flavors for over 50 years.
Once the chicken is done cooking remove from the grill. Immediately remove all of the toothpicks or the wooden skewer before serving.
Serve the Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken with a pasta salad and grilled corn on the cob.
How To Make Seasoned Grilled Corn On The Cob In Foil
McCormick® Black Pepper and Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt also make grilled corn on the cob taste amazing.
It is very easy to season and then grill corn on the cob wrapped in foil.
The seasoned and grilled corn on the cob is tender and each bite is packed full of flavor.
- For each piece of fresh corn, you will need a square of aluminum foil.
- Place an ear of corn on one edge of the foil.
- Spread two or three pats of butter on the corn on the cob.
- Sprinkle the corn with 1 or 2 teaspoons of Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt and about ½ a teaspoon of McCormick® Black Pepper.
- Begin wrapping the aluminum foil around the ear of corn tucking the edges in tightly so the melted butter doesn't leak out as the corn on the cob grills.
- Place the foil-wrapped corn on the cob on the grill over indirect heat.
- Rotate the corn for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the corn on the cob in the foil which will help keep the corn hot.
Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 oz. can medium heat chiles drained well
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend
- ⅓ cup pickled sliced jalapeno peppers drained
- 1 bottle Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare the boneless chicken by first carefully butterflying each chicken breast with a sharp knife and then by pounding it flat with a meat mallet.
- Place the flattened chicken breast pieces on a large cookie or baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle both sides of each breast piece generously with the Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and ground Black Pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix the softened cream cheese, drained green chiles, and the shredded cheeses. Mix well to combine.
- Gently fold the pickled jalapeno pepper slices into the mixture.
- Remove the tray of chicken from the refrigerator and unwrap.
- Mound the filling in the center of each butterflied chicken breast, dividing it evenly between the four chicken breasts. Spread the filling evenly over each breast with a spoon. Fold one side of each breast over the filling.
- Secure the cut edge of each breast with a couple of toothpicks or a wooden skewer that has been soaked in water for about 10 minutes.
- Place the filled chicken breasts on a clean baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grilling the chicken on a charcoal grill. Prepare your grill as usual. Once the coal is medium hot cook the chicken until completely cooked. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Once the chicken is done brush with Stubb’s® Bar-B-Que Sauce and cook each side 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place on a clean baking sheet or serving platter.
- Immediately remove the toothpicks from each piece of chicken.
- Serve with a pasta salad and grilled corn on the cob.
- Makes 4 servings.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick® at Walmart.