Freezer Meals: Healthy Low Breakfast Muffins
These freezer meals low carb Breakfast Muffins are a healthy way to start the morning off. Make a batch for an easy Sunday morning breakfast or brunch.
Or make a batch and freeze them and just pop them in the microwave to reheat. They make a great breakfast freezer meal.
Freezer Meal Breakfast recipes
I’m at an age now where I need to watch what I eat to lead a healthier life. To do that I decided to cut my intake of carbs down. I am eating a lot healthier now.
As you probably know breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Until recently I have never been a breakfast eater.
Getting into the habit of eating breakfast has been challenging.
I wanted something on hand that was a little more filling than cereal or yogurt that I could eat once in a while.
I decided to make these low carb breakfast muffins and freeze them. I figured if I had something on hand that was easy to prepare in the morning I would be more likely to eat every morning.
Healthy Low Carb Breakfast Muffins
I made these breakfast muffins with turkey sausage but you could use any type of sausage or bacon that you like.
You could also add some fresh spinach. The bottom layer of the breakfast muffin is a layer of steamed cauliflower.
It’s a great way to get an extra serving of vegetables during the day.
Breakfast Muffin Fillings
The world is your oyster when it comes to breakfast muffin fillings. You can use any type of breakfast protein you would normally eat like breakfast sausages, Canadian bacon, pork bacon, or turkey bacon.
Or you could go for all vegetable breakfast muffin fillings like spinach, peppers, onions, cauliflower, tomatoes or even cooked squash.
Mix and match your favorite vegetables and meats to come up with your own personal flavor of breakfast muffins you can stock the freezer full.
Having easy breakfast options on hand will make it so much easier to get into the habit of eating a healthy breakfast every day.
Pin or Print the Low Carb Breakfast Muffins recipe belowPrint
Low Carb Breakfast Muffins
These low carb breakfast muffins are a great freezer meal breakfast recipe that you can have on hand for those busy mornings you don’t have time to cook breakfast. Pop one in the microwave and out the door you go.
- 2-3 Italian Turkey Sausages
- 2 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower, chopped finely
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- dash garlic powder
- Steam cauliflower and chop finely.
- Remove the casing from the turkey sausage cook over a medium heat, breaking up the sausage into bite size pieces.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of low-fat cheddar and 1/2 teaspoon pepper with the cauliflower. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the cooked sausage, peppers, 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, a dash of garlic powder to the eggs and mix well.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture between the 12 wells of a cupcake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Press the cauliflower mixture into the bottom of each cupcake well with the back of a spoon.
- Add 1/4 cup of the egg mixture to each cupcake well.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F. degree oven for 22 minutes.
- Immediately remove each breakfast muffin from the pan and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- May be frozen in individual servings in a freezer safe bag.
- To reheat remove muffin from the freezer and heat in the microwave.
- Or thaw frozen breakfast muffin and heat in a toaster oven.
Low carb breakfast option and a healthier way to start the morning.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 47
Keywords: low carb breakfast muffin recipe, cauliflower recipe, breakfast muffin recipe, egg recipes