Holiday Drinks and Appetizers
#SundaySupper Homemade Eggnog
Congratulations to David Burnette from the Capital Bar & Grill for winning the 8th annual Nog-off for the second year in a row!
Here we are again for another #SundaySupper celebration.
This weeks #SundaySupper party is being hosted by Conni from the Foodie Army Wife stop by and check out her site if you get a chance.
Scroll down after the recipe to you find all the other great Sunday Supper links for the Holiday Drinks & Appetizer #SundaySupper party!
When I originally decided to join the #SundaySupper movement I thought that I would pick a theme maybe once a month to post along with the rest of the Sunday Supper crowd but every time a new theme shows up I can’t help myself I keep playing along.
I actually got off easy this week. When this theme was posted I already had the recipe made, photographed and almost ready to go up on my blog because I made this delicious Eggnog recipe for a Cookie Exchange I hosted.
It was so good I had to share the recipe.
Original Recipe Source: David Burnette Capital Eggnog as seen in the December 2012 issue.
When I saw this Eggnog recipe in the December issue of the Food Network Magazine I knew I had to make it for a couple of reasons .
- I love eggnog and everyone knows homemade is better then store bought.
- I have always wanted to make eggnog.
- The recipe is for an award winning eggnog.
- I am a food blogger and that’s how we role.
I tweeked the spices a bit. This recipe only called for nutmeg but I also like cinnamon in my eggnog so I added cinnamon and doubled the nutmeg.
I was not going to be mixing any liquor into my eggnog so it needed a little help in the spice department.
I read the Foodnetwork magazine article and a few website posts raving about Bartender David Burnette from the Capital Bar & Grill who is the creator of this recipe. He is also generous enough to share the recipe even after winning first place last year at the Historic Arkansas Museums Nog-off.
This years Nog-off is getting ready to start even as I type. I wish David good luck.
I will update this post on Monday after the winner is announced..
Now on to the party.
You are sure to find something to serve your holiday guest from the list of delish appetizers and holiday beverages at this weeks Sunday Supper party . So sit back and pour yourself a glass of eggnog and enjoy the party.
Don’t forget to join us for the #SundaySupper twitter party. See the details below.
Have a Safe & Happy Holiday!
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Cookies-n-Cream Cocktails from The Urban Mrs
- Cranberry Fizz from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Rosemary Orange Punsch from Galactopdx
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate from Momma’s Meals
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from The Daily Dish Recipes
- Jamaican Sorrel from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Spoons from Chocolate Moosey
- Homemade Eggnog from Flour on my Face
- Moroccan Mint Tea from MarocMama
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wassel from There And Back Again
- Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pomegranate Cosmo from Supper For A Steal
- Poinsettia Mimosas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mulled Wine: Spiked and Steamy from Daddy Knows Less
- Poinsettia Cocktails from The Catholic Foodie
- The Red Carpet Diva from Cooking Underwriter
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Cheese Ball Wreath from The Meltaways
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts from My Catholic Kitchen
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Drunk Moose Meatballs from The Foodie Army Wife
- Smoked Salmon Blinis with Cranberry-Spiced Feta from Chattering Kitchen
- Sticky Wholegrain Mustard & Ginger Cocktail Sausages from girlichef
- Potato Leek Soup from What Smells So Good
- Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Bacon Peanut Caramel Corn from Gotta Get Baked
- Crostini topped with Voodoo Chicken Cream Dip from Country Girl in the Village
- Mushroom Strudel from Vintage Kitchen
- Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip from The ROXX Box
- Herbed Holiday Party Mix from Curious Cuisiniere
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch from Juanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese from Home Cooking Memories
- Cookie Dough Dip from The Cookie-A-Day Challenge
- Parmesan Onion Rounds from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip from Comfy Cuisine
- Indian Spiced Tuna Balls from Soni’s Food
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Festive Cucumber & Ginger Sushi Rolls from The Ninja Baker
- Baked Brie from Family Foodie
In honor of the Sandy Hook victims and their families, we have cancelled our regularly scheduled#SundaySupper Chat this week.
Let this be a time when we renew our faith in the power of love and realize the importance of time with our families.