Easy Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
A Skinny Alfredo Sauce
Easy Alfredo Sauce
This Easy Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce recipe is my most popular recipe of all time.
If you made it and love it besure to check out the other two recipes at the bottom of this post using the same basic cream sauce recipe that everyone loves.
Easy homemade fettuccini alfredo sauce made without cream cheese or half and half.
You could call it a skinny alfredo sauce.
How to make homemade alfredo sauce
|Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo|
To make the Alfredo sauce:
Add the butter, salt and pepper to a heavy, medium sized pot. Heat over a medium heat.
|Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe|
- 1 lb box of fettuccini noodles, cooked
- 4 tbs butter or stick margarine
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- ½ to ¾ a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- or a parmesan cheese blend
- Cook pasta while making Alfredo sauce, rinse well and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium high heat in a heavy bottomed medium sized saucepan.
- Add salt, pepper and flour to the pan. Whisk until smooth and the rue turns a pale brown.
- Slowly pour milk and whisk until combined.
- Add ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, continue to whisk until cheese melts into the mixture and becomes smooth.
- Dip a spoon in a taste. Adjust seasoning and cheese if needed. If the Parmesan flavoring is too weak add ¼ to ½ more to the pot and continue to whisk.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking until the sauce becomes thick.
- Once thickened remove from the heat. Pour over pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- If the sauce thickens too much thin with a small amount of milk.
- Alternately you can reserve some of the pasta water to thin the Alfredo sauce if needed.