Crock Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe
Serve Salsa Chicken on warm tortillas with your favorite toppings. The filling can also be used to make nachos,
Follow Flour On My Face on Pinterest
Place the chicken, salsa, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, oregano and cumin into a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
Place the lid on and slow cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through with an instant read thermometer.
Use two forks to shred the meat in the crock of the slow cooker and stir to mix everything together.
Sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese and cover to heat until the cheese has melted.
Serve with warm flour tortillas, topping with more shredded cheese, sour cream and tomatillo salsa if desired.
Makes 6-8 filled tortillas.
- Serve on a warm tortilla.
- Serve the whole pieces of chicken and spoon the salsa sauce over them and serve with homemade rice and refried black beans.
- You could make nachos the way I used crock pot shredded beef in this Nacho recipe.
- Chicken: Boneless chicken is recommended. It is best not to use bone in because it is difficult to make sure you have removed all the bones. You can use white or dark meat boneless skinless chicken.
- Freeze the leftovers in a bag or airtight container for another meal. This recipe freezes and reheats well.
Serving: 2Tortillas | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 564IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 3mg
Share a picture on Instagram and tag @flouronmyface2