The Best Cranberry Bread Ever
Best Homemade Cranberry Bread you will ever make. Use fresh cranberries and fresh orange juice for the best flavor.
Follow Flour On My Face on Pinterest
Sift together dry ingredients into a large bowl.
In a separate small bowl mix the egg, butter, hot water, orange juice and orange zest: stir until moistened.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
Fold in cranberries.
Spread into a large greased loaf pan.
Bake 60 minutes in a preheated 325 degrees oven.
- Double the recipe: This recipe works fine if you double it. Make one loaf to test it out and see how you like it. Then next time double the recipe. You can freeze the extra loaf for another day.
- Orange juice: It takes 2 large freshly squeezed navel oranges to get almost ½ cup of fresh orange juice. You can add a bit of water to bring it up to a full ½ cup of orange juice if you need to. It's such a small amount it doesn't affect the flavor at all.
- Orange zest: Also for the zest. I just zested the two oranges I used. I didn't even measure it. Do whatever you are comfortable with. 2 large thick-skinned navel oranges will yield about ¼ cup of orange zest.
- Batter: The batter is very thick. Scoop it into your bread pan and smooth the top.
- Cranberries: If using dried cranberries for this cranberry bread recipe measure 1 cup dried cranberries and allow them to soak in the fresh orange juice. Strain the cranberries from the juice. Mix the orange juice into the wet ingredients following the recipe. Add the soaked dried cranberries to the recipe as written in step 5.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 241kcal
Share a picture on Instagram and tag @flouronmyface2