Amazing Pumpkin Pie Recipe
An Amazing Pumpkin Pie recipe that is rich and creamy. The best pumpkin pie recipe using a secret ingredient that takes this traditional Thanksgiving dessert recipe to a new level.
Two Deep Dish Pie Plates
Preheat the oven to 450 F. degrees.
Prepare the pie crusts.
In a large mixing bowl whisk the sugar with the ground spices and salt until combined well.
Add the pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk and condensed milk to the bowl.
Beat with a hand mixer for one minute.
Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
Beat again for one minute.
Fill each pie crust with 4 cups of the pie filling.
Bake the pies for 15 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 350 F. degrees and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes or until the center of the pies are set.
Remove the pies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool the pies completely.
Once the pies have cooled to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Pie crusts: This recipe makes two 9-inch deep dish pies. You can use homemade crusts if you have the time. Or you can buy a box of two Pillsbury ready made refrigerated pie crusts.
- Pumpkin puree: You can used store bought canned pumpkin puree or make homemade pumpkin puree. It is very easy to make Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree or Crock Pot Pumpkin Puree.
- Homemade pumpkin puree: If using homemade pumpkin puree strain it through a fine mesh strainer to remove as much moisture as possible. It should be as thick as canned puree is.
- Combining the sugar and spices: It is very important to whisk the spices with the sugar. This helps evenly distribute the ground spices through out the pie filling ingredients.
- Filling the pie crust: Do not overfill the pie crusts or they will overflow as they bake.
- Moving the filled unbaked pies: Place the filled pie pans on a cookie sheet to carry them to the oven. Slid the cookie sheet into the oven and bake. This will help prevent the filling from moving around and getting onto the edge of the pie crust where it may burn as the pie bakes.
- How to keep the top of homemade pumpkin pie from getting wet?:The hack to prevent moisture from beading on the top of a homemade pumpkin pie is to make sure the baked pie has completely cooled to room temperature before refrigerating.
Serving: 1SliceCalories: 312kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 7gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 305mgPotassium: 298mgFiber: 2gSugar: 36gVitamin A: 8173IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 152mgIron: 2mg