Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies are a thick and chewy rich buttery cookie packed full of chocolate chips and macadamia nuts in every bite.
Follow Flour On My Face on Pinterest
Cookie Dough Scoop
In a large mixing bowl beat the softened butter until creamy. Add the white sugar to the bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar to the bowl and beat for two minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl once.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until the batter is light and fluffy.
In a separate medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
Add half the dry ingredient to the bowl of wet ingredients and beat on low until just combined. Add the last half of the flour to the bowl and beat in. Scrape the bowl than beat on medium for two minutes.
Use a wooden spoon or spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the batter evenly. Add the chopped macadamia nuts to the bowl and fold into the cookie batter. When done cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
Use a cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon to drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie.
Bake at 375 f. Degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
Remove baking pans from the oven and cool for a few minutes before transferring the hot cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Cookie Ingredient Tips
Cookie Baking Tips
- Pure vanilla extract: Only use pure vanilla extract when baking for the superior quality and flavor. Imitation vanilla extract is cheap substitution that does not have a good vanilla flavor.
- Butter: There is no substitution for butter when it comes to baking cookies. If the recipe calls for butter please use butter. Margarine does not have the fat content that butter does and it will make a difference in the flavor of the cookies and also in how the cookies bake.
- Unsalted butter: If you have salted butter you may use it instead of the unsalted butter. Just cut the amount of salt in half.
- Softened butter: remove the butter from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature about an hour before beginning.
- Mix dry ingredients: Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt to evenly combine.
- Chopped nuts: measure whole macadamia nuts and roughly chop with a sharp knife. Put the chopped nuts into a bowl.
- Making same sized cookies: The best way to make and bake cookies that are all the same size is to use a cookie dough scoop. Cookie dough scoops come in many different sizes. You can find a scoop that will make bite size cookies to jumbo size cookies.
- Baking cookies: The hack to baking perfectly golden brown cookie bottoms is to line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookie baking temperature: The cookie baking temperature depends on the type of cookie or baking sheet you are using. Dark no stick cookie sheets bake hotter. You should lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Making chewy chocolate chip cookies: Do not overbake the cookies if you want them to be chewy.
- Chilled Cookie Dough: Use chilled dough for the thickest cookies.
Serving: 2Cookies | Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg
Share a picture on Instagram and tag @flouronmyface2