Homemade Watermelon Thyme Lemonade recipe using freshly squeezed lemons, fresh watermelon juice, and thyme simple syrup is a unique fruit-infused lemonade recipe that will impress your guests.
Watermelon Thyme Lemonade Ingredients
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cup sugar (to your taste preference)
- thyme simple syrup (see recipe below)
- fresh sprigs of thyme and basil for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
Thyme Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 packed cup of fresh thyme leaves and stems
Watermelon Thyme Lemonade Directions
- In a large container combine the lemon juice, watermelon juice, water, sugar and thyme simple syrup. Stir to combine until the granulated sugar has dissolved.
- Fill a tall glass serving pitcher full of ice.
- Pour the Watermelon Thyme Lemonade concentrate into the pitcher until it is full. Stir well. Add lemon slices and sprigs of fresh thyme and basil (if desired) and stir once again.
- Serve the Watermelon Thyme Lemonade in mason jars or tall glasses that have been filled with ice and garnished with more lemon slices and fresh herb sprigs.
- Replenish the glass serving pitcher with the remaining Watermelon Thyme Lemonade concentrate as needed.
- Make 8 to 10 servings depending on the size of glasses used to serve.
Thyme Simple Syrup Instructions
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan. Mix until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Place the saucepan on a burner over medium heat. Heat until just boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool about 15 minutes. Syrup should still be warm.
- Slightly crush the thyme leaves and stems, cutting large stems if needed. Add the fresh thyme to the pot and push down under the syrup.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and allow to steep for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Strain thyme simple syrup through a strainer lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter to remove all plant material.
- Place the thyme simple syrup in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thyme simple syrup will keep for about 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Makes 1 cup thyme simple syrup.
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 202
Keywords: herb lemonade recipe, fresh thyme recipes, lemonade recipes, watermelon recipes, watermelon lemonade, herbal lemonade recipes, summer herb drinks