Watermelon Lemonade recipe is the perfect summer drink for your Memorial Day weekend celebration or any back yard bbq’s you might be throwing before the cool Fall weather comes your way.
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 2–3 cups of water
- ice cubes
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Lemon slices and basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add to a large pitcher.
- Cut 3 cups of watermelon chunks and blend until liquefied. Pour the watermelon juice into the pitcher.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pitcher to start.
- Add the ugar and mix well. (Adjust the sweetener to your taste.)
- Chill until ready to serve. When ready to serve fill the pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses to serve.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and sprigs of fresh thyme and lemon basil.
- Makes about 1/2 a gallon.
Adjust water and sweetener amounts to your taste.
- Serving Size: 8 oz glass
- Calories: 41