Sweet icy cold Watermelon Granita recipe will help keep you cool as the summer temps rise.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of one lemon
- Cut a small watermelon in half and quarter a small watermelon. Scoop the watermelon flesh from the rind with an ice cream scooper and put it in a large glass measuring bowl or a large bowl until you have 4 cups of watermelon flesh and watermelon juice.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice into the bowl with the watermelon pieces. Sprinkle the sugar into the bowl and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the melon mixture into a blender or food processor.
- Pulse to break the watermelon pieces up well and then hit the puree button process until all the pieces of watermelon are liquified.
- Pour the sweetened watermelon puree into a glass 9 x 13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the pan in the freezer.
- After one hour take the pan out of the freezer and break up the ice crystals with a fork. Run your fork around the inside edges of the pan also to incorporate those frozen bits in with the rest of the mixture.
- Repeat this process every hour until the granita is completely frozen and broken up into ice crystals.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 74
Keywords: Homemade Italian Ice recipe, Granita recipe, frozen fruit recipes