Old Fashioned Fruit Cocktail Pudding Cake recipe just like great grandma Rose made.
Made with a can of fruit cocktail mix and homemade cake ingredients.
- 1 cup flour + 2 tbs sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ stick butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1 medium can of fruit cocktail
Fruit Cocktail Cake Topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sift first six dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl mix the cooled melted butter, the beaten egg, and the vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and pour the entire contents of the can of fruit cocktail, juice and all.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined and the fruit cocktail is evenly distributed.
- Pour the cake batter into baking dish.
- In another small bowl mix the brown sugar and the shredded coconut for the topping.
- If you would like to add nuts to your topping you can also add 1 cup of chopped nuts.
- Mix the brown sugar, coconut, and nuts if using together.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- Category: Vintage Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fruit Cocktail Cake, Fruit Cocktail Pudding, Old Fashioned Fruit Cocktail cake recipe