Valentines Day Spritz Cookies
Make these beautiful pink ombre and sprinkle decorated Valentines Day Spritz Cookies that will look stunning on a party dessert table or in Valentines Day treat bags for the kids Valentines Day party.
These pink spritz cookies can be baked into flower cookies that would also be perfect for a girl baby shower treat.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese together with an electric hand mixer until lump free and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar to the bowl and beat in for 1 or 2 minutes until the sugar is combined. Add the almond and vanilla extract to the bowl and beat in.
- Add 1/2 of the all-purpose flour to the bowl and beat on low until the flour is combined with the ingredients. Add the remaining flour to the bowl and beat until the flour is completly mixed in with the rest of the cookie dough ingredients. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula and beat again.
- Divide the spritz cookie dough and color with gel food coloring if desired.
- Fill a Spritz cookie dough press with the dough. Press heart shaped cookies out onto an aluminum baking sheet.
- Bake in the cookies in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes just until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and place the baking pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the cooled cookies to a cooling rack. Repeat until all of the cookies have been baked.
- Cool competently before decorating with a powdered suagr glaze and sprinkles.
- Makes 5 dozen cookies.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container for up to a week.
- Wipe the baking sheet with a paper towel between batches of cookies.
- Cool the cookie sheet completely before pressing the next batch of cookies out onto the cookie sheet.
- You can decorate the Valentine’s Spritz cookies by dipping them into a powdered sugar glaze and sprinkling them with Valentine’s Day Sprinkles.
- Allow the glazed cookies to harden on a cookie sheet that had been lined with parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 Decorated Cookie
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
Keywords: Valentines Day Spritz Cookies, Spritz Cookie Recipe, Valentines Spritz Cookies, Pink Spritz Cookies