A rustic Tomato Rosemary Bacon Tart made with fresh tomatoes, fresh rosemary, crispy bacon, and cheese.
- 4 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 shredded Mexican blend or Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices crispy bacon, roughly chopped and divided
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust to fit the tart pan.
- Brush tart pan with olive oil.
- Place the pie crust in the pan and trim edges.
- Brush pie crust with olive oil, prick with a fork and pre-bake in a 375-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and set aside.
- Toss all the cheeses together in a bowl. Remove 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Mix minced garlic and rosemary with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Brush the pre-baked pie crust with some of the olive oil and herbs.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle half the bacon pieces over the cheese.
- Slice the tomatoes about a quarter-inch thick and arrange over the cheese.
- Brush the tomato slices with the remaining olive oil and herbs.
- Top the tomato slices with the remaining bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let tart rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 817
- Carbohydrates: 57.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 16.4g
Keywords: Tomato Tart, Rustic Vegetable Tart, Fresh tomato recipe,