Sweet Cherry Almond Cookie Bars recipe is delicious. The cherry cookie bars are full of almond and cherry flavors.
- 1 can Solo Almond paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 can Solo Cherry Cake & Pastry filling or 3/4 a can cherry pie filling
- Line the 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cookie crust by mixing together all the dry ingredients. Next cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or your hands until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Press the dough down into an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Use the back of a tablespoon to smooth the dough and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350’F oven. When done remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Beat the almond paste well with the egg white.
- Evenly drop tablespoons of the almond filling over the slightly cooled cookie crust, leaving a ¼ inch border around the edges.
- Spread the Solo Cherry Cake & Pastry filling over the almond paste also leaving a border at the edge of the dough.
To make the topping
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together. Using a pastry cutter or your hands mix the butter in until coarse crumbs form.
- Gently fold the almond slices in.
- Evenly sprinkle the topping over the entire top of the filling to the edge of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350’F for 20 to 25 minutes until the topping slightly golden.
- Cool and chill for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Makes 9 large bars or 18 small cookie bars.
- Serving Size: 1 Square
- Calories: 444
- Carbohydrates: 50.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 7.8g