Store leftover pork rub in an airtight container. Makes a great hostess gift.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup fine sea salt
- 2 tbs fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a zip top bag. Mash and shake to combine.
- Use 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of rub depending on the size of your roast. Rub over pork roast, cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Put the still covered roast into a 325 degree oven and slow roast for 6 hours. After 5 hours remove the foil and continue baking until roast is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and let rest 30 to 60 minutes before pulling pork off the bone.
- Use two forks to shred larger pieces.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite bbq sauce.