Swedish Nut Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
Directions to make Swedish Nut Cake
- Preheat the oven and prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking pan by greasing it with solid shortening or butter and then dusting well with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and crushed pineapple to the bowl and mix well.
- Fold the chopped pecans into the cake batter well.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F. degrees oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled spread the Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting over the cake. (Frosting recipe below)
- Chill cake for an hour before cutting and serving.
Directions to make Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting recipe for Swedish Nut Cake
- In a large mixing bowl beat well the softened cream cheese and butter.
- Next add half the sugar and the vanilla extract and beat well. Scrap the bowl and add the remaining powdered sugar. Beat for 1 minute on high.
- Fold the chopped pecans into the frosting.
- Set aside until the cake is ready to be frosted.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 395