It takes about 30-45 minutes to make and cool the simple syrup before you can use it.
Cherry Simple Syrup
- 3 cups frozen or fresh Sweet Black Cherries
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
Easy Cherry Limeade
- 1 can Limeade Frozen concentrate
- 3 cans full of water
To make the Cherry Simple Syrup
- Put all the ingredients into a medium pot.
- Heat on low until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Stir and crush cherries against the side of the pot.
- Carefully boil for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If syrup starts to boil over decrease heat a bit.
- After ten minutes remove from heat and cool.
- Strain the solids out over a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
To make Black Cherry Limeade
- Pour lime concentrate into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add 3 cans of water.
- Stir till dissolved.
- Add one cup of cherry syrup to the pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice.
The Cherry Simple syrup recipe will make 2 cups of Cherry Simple Syrup. You can find a recipe for Homemade Black Cherry Soda and a Cherry Limeade Party Punch on this blog post below the Cherry Limeade Recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 glass