The busy holiday season is here and as much as I love making homemade treats I know my time is limited. When I need a quick and easy made at home treat I like to use Pillsbury™ cookie dough chubs to make fun holiday desserts like these Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites.
- Pillsbury™ 16.5 oz Sugar Cookie chub
- 2 Pillsbury™ Red Funfetti Cake Mix packages
- 2 egg white
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 containers Pillsbury™ Vanilla Frosting
- Sprinkles and other holiday cupcake decorations (optional)
- mini cupcake paper liners
- mini cupcake pan (I used two 12 mini cupcake baking pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the cupcake pan by lining with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cake mix following the directions on the package. Place the cake batter into a large squeeze bottle, a cake decorating bag or a thick plastic baggie.
- Secure the top of the bag if using . If using a squeeze bottle fill the bottle and snip the tip of the bottle to slightly widen the hole.
- Open the cookie dough chub and using a teaspoon measuring spoon scoop exactly one teaspoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place the sugar cookie dough ball into the center of a cupcake liner in the pan.
- Repeat filling the mini cupcake pan. Use the back of the measuring spoon to flatten the ball into a disc that completely fills the bottom of the cupcake liner. Being careful not to let the cookie dough move up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Snip a small hole into the bottom of the decorator bag or plastic baggie if using.
- Carefully fill each cupcake well with cake mix until the cupcake well is almost completely full leaving about 1/4 inch from the top edge of the pan and making sure the sugar cookie dough is completely covered with cake batter. Do not overfill!
- Place the mini cupcake pan in the preheated oven and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until the cake batter is set in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool 5 minutes. After five minutes remove each mini cookie cupcake bite from the pan and allow to cool completely on a rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and cake mix.
- Once cool frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with holiday sprinkles and cupcake decorations.
- Makes 48 Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites.
- Category: Christmas Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160