Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Rolls are easy to make when using a copycat Kraft FreshTake recipe now that the FreshTake product is no longer available to purchase. You can make your own flavored bread crumb topping very easy at home.
- 1 package Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmesan
- 4–6 boneless chicken breast, flattened
- 1/2 – 1 pound Rotelle Pasta
- Kraft Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Simply Kraft Ricotta Cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare the ricotta filling by mixing the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the ricotta filling in the refrigerator while you prepare the chicken.
- Open the package of Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmasan and mix the toppings together, set aside.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with a non stick spray.
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts and pound each breast evenly flat.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of the ricotta filling down the center of each chicken breast.
- Return the reaming ricotta filling to refrigerator. You will need it when the chicken is done cooking.
- Roll each breast up from the narrow end. (tooth picks can be used to secure roll. But be sure to remove each one before serving)
- Place one breast roll at a time in the Fresh Take bag and gently turn until roll is covered in the toppings.
- Place in the shallow baking dish seam side down.
- Bake the chicken for 20-35 minutes or until the center of the thickest Chicken roll reads 160F on a meat thermometer.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done carefully remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Top each chicken roll with a teaspoonful of the leftover ricotta cheese filling and about 1/8 of a cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Discard any left over ricotta filling.
- Return to the oven and continue baking until the chicken is cooked through and the mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Remove all the toothpicks before serving!!
- Serve over your favorite pasta and sauce, with a salad and bread.
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American