Guess what? It is my favorite time of the year! Florida Strawberry season is in full swing and today I am sharing this healthy, easy and delicious Strawberry Balsamic Chicken recipe with you.
This very elegant strawberry chicken recipe would be perfect served for a special occasion, like Valentines Day.
Want to impress your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? Serve her or him this Strawberry Balsamic Chicken recipe and fresh Florida Strawberry Mimosas for Valentines Day and win some huge brownie points!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used my homemade Dijon mustard recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cool water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Poblano pepper, diced (for just a hint of pepper flavor. You could use a jalapeno pepper to add a bit of heat if you like spicy flavors)
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Strawberries, cut in half or quarters
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- Trim the chicken breast, salt and pepper both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown both sides of the chicken.
- Place browned chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- In a medium sauce pan mix the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Heat on medium high.
- Mix the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring the balsamic vinegar mixture to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water mixture to the sauce pan and return to a boil. Boil until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add the Florida strawberries and the diced Poblano pepper to the sauce pan and mix.
- Pour the balsamic sauce mixture over the chicken being sure to cover the chicken completely.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes on 375 Fahrenheit. After 15 minutes turn the oven temperature to 400 and switch the oven to broil. Broil for about 5 to 7 minutes until the top of the chicken and any strawberries are slightly roasted.
- Serve the Strawberry Balsamic Chicken over a bed of cooked Quinoa.
- Optional serve a Spinach and Florida Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette on the side.
- Category: Strawberry Recipes
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 484
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 2g