Get the kids in the kitchen cooking this fall with this easy Autumn Squash Corn Chowder recipe.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces (about 2 cups) peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from saucepot, reserving the dripping in the pot and drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Once the bacon is cool finely chop and set aside.
- Cook the leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved bacon drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add water to the saucepot and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside to cool.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in a blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with reserved bacon.
This recipe is from the Knorr website. You can find the original recipe here http://www.knorr.com/recipes/detail/46648/1/autumn-corn-chowder