Spicy Peach Lime Chutney Recipe
This Spicy Peach Lime Chutney recipe is a little spicy and a little sweet. Serve it with your favorite appetizer or on a cheese platter during the holidays.
- 2 tablespoons lime peel strips (cut into 1/2 inch by 1/8 inch strips)
- 3 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces (6 cups chopped peaches)
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup white vinegar 5% acidity
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all of the ingredients into a 4 to 6-quart heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Ladle the hot chutney into a 1/2 pint jar leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and recheck headspace. Add more chutney if needed until you have 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim with a damp paper towel. Place a flat lid on the jar and apply a band to fingertip tight.
- Place the jar of hot chutney into your hot water bath canner.
- Repeat filling all the remaining jars.
- Process in a hot water bath canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude if needed. After 10 minutes remove the pot from the heat and remove the canner lid. Let stand for five minutes. Remove jars from the canner and place on a dry towel on the counter to cool overnight.
- Store in a dark cool cabinet.
- Makes 4 half pints of chutney.
Recipe source: All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 89
Keywords: Peach Chutney recipe, Spicy Chutney recipe, chutney recipe no curry powder