Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken
Butterflied boneless chicken breasts are seasoned with seasoned salt and pepper before filling with a spicy jalapeno popper filling. The chicken is then grilled to perfection on a charcoal grill.
The spicy flavors of jalapeno popper filling combine perfectly with a well seasoned boneless chicken breast.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 oz. can medium heat chiles, drained well
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend
- 1/3 cup pickled sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
- Stubb’s® Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Prepare the boneless chicken by first carefully butterflying each chicken breast with a sharp knife and then by pounding it flat with a meat mallet.
- Place the flattened chicken breast pieces on a large cookie or baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle both sides of each breast piece generously with the Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt and McCormick® Black Pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix the softened cream cheese, drained green chiles, and the shredded cheeses. Mix well to combine.
- Gently fold the pickled jalapeno pepper slices into the mixture.
- Remove the tray of chicken from the refrigerator and unwrap.
- Mound the filling in the center of each butterflied chicken breast, dividing it evenly between the four chicken breasts. Spread the filling evenly over each breast with a spoon. Fold one side of each breast over the filling.
- Secure the cut edge of each breast with a couple of toothpicks or a wooden skewer that has been soaked in water for about 10 minutes.
- Place the filled chicken breasts on a clean baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grilling the chicken on a charcoal grill. Prepare your grill as usual. Once the coal is medium hot cook the chicken until completely cooked. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Chicken is done when the temperature has reached 165 F. at the thickest sections.
- Once the chicken is done brush with Stubb’s® Bar-B-Que Sauce and cook each side 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place on a clean baking sheet or serving platter.
- Immediately remove the toothpicks from each piece of chicken.
- Serve with a pasta salad and grilled corn on the cob.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Category: Grilling
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 623
Keywords: Spicy Jalapeno Popper Grilled Chicken, Grilled Chicken Recipe, Stuffed Grilled Chicken recipe, BBQ Chicken Breasts