Spicy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe made with easy homemade alfredo sauce made with milk. This alfredo sauce made without cream is delicious, creamy and the best homemade alfredo sauce recipe you will ever make.
Spicy Cajun Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Weber N’Orleans Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 16-ounce package fettuccine noodles
Spicy Alfredo Sauce with milk
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
To Make the Cajun Chicken
- Trim fat from chicken breast and coat evenly with the Spicy Cajun seasoning. Let set for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken while making Alfredo sauce. Cook chicken until cooked through. 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast.
While the chicken is cooking
- Melt butter with salt, pepper and ground red pepper in a heavy sauce pan. Make a rue by whisking flour into the butter to create a thick paste. Cook whisking all the while for 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk in while whisking. Whisk well to blend the thickened rue into the milk. Add Parmesan cheese and again whisk well to combine.
- Heat Alfredo sauce on medium high. Continue whisking until thickened, about 15 minutes. Set Alfredo sauce aside.
- While you continue to cook the chicken bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook fettuccine noodles until el dente, about 12-15 minutes per package directions.
- Remove chicken from pan once it is done and allow it to rest on a plate while the noodles continue to cook.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Drain noodles reserving about a cup of liquid.
- Use the reserved liquid to thin out the alfredo sauce if it has thickened too much while cooling
- Return the drained noodles to the pot they were cooked in. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the noodles and stir. Add the chicken pieces and stir. Serve with a slice of Italian bread and a salad on the side.
Skinny homemade alfredo sauce is easy to make at home and tastes so good!
- Category: Pasta Recipes
- Method: Sauted
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 955