Soda Making at Home: Homemade Strawberry Soda
- 3 cups washed and hulled sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon (optional)
To Make a Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Gently boil the sugar and water until sugar is dissolved and sugar water is clear.
- Add the strawberries and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash the strawberries with a potato masher.
- Cook 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids.
- Pour the strawberry syrup into a quart jar for storage.
To Make a glass of Strawberry Soda
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add 1/4 cup of strawberry simple syrup to the glass.
- Fill the glass with club soda.
- Add a slice of lemon and enjoy.
Strawberry simple syrup can be used to make Strawberry Iced Tea